As of last Tuesday, my little peanut is 3 years old. That’s a preschooler. My goodness. I know she’s still so little, but I’m amazed at how much of a real person she is already. So in celebration of her birthday, I’ve decided to describe my daughter to you in a very survey-esq fashion (obviously with the irrelevant questions deleted) in an effort to make this memory of who she is at this moment. Reminds me of the days of Myspace.
So here we go!
001. What is your name? Dea Fay
002. How old are you? 3
004. What is your height? 38 inches
005. Do you have any siblings? a 2 month old little sister, which you adore
006. What is your eye colour? dark brown
007. What is your hair colour? brown
008. Do you wear glasses or contacts? no
009. Are you right handed or left handed? right handed
012. Do you swear? You said “dammit dog!” when Mema’s dog vomited at our house the other day. I tried my hardest not to laugh, but didn’t succeed. Guess I need to stop saying that.
013. Do you get along with your parents? Most of the time.
014. Your heritage 1/8 Japanese, 7/8 various shades of white
015. Your fears Spiders, dark rooms, being alone
016. Goal you would like to achieve this year I don’t know what you yourself would like to achieve, but mama’s goal is to teach you some sight words and possibly begin to read, but in a very casual fashion with no pressure. You are only 3 after all. No rush.
018. Best Physical Feature Many strangers comment on how beautiful your lips are, almost to the point of creepy. I personally love your eyes.
019. Your bedtime We try for 8:30, but it’s often 9:30-10.
020. What time do you arise in the morning? Somewhere between 6:30 and 7:30.
021. First thoughts waking up? Mama milk. You start asking for it before your eyes even open.
022. Do you shower daily? You take a bath every night with mama and Twig as part of your bedtime routine.
This Or That?
023. Bright or dark room? Bright for sure.
024. Chocolate or vanilla? When we were scooping ice cream the other day, you asked me why I didn’t want chocolate on mine, like yours and daddy’s. I replied “I’m not a big chocolate person.” You summarized “Daddy and I bigger people than you.”
025. Dogs or cats? Both!
026. Pepsi or Coke? You’ve never had soda.
027. McDonalds or Burger King? You’ve honestly never been to either place. You’ve been to Wendy’s though. You also like Chick Fil A because they have a play place.
In the last month have you…
032. Gone to a mall? You love to ride the train that goes around the mall.
033. Eaten a box of Oreos? You had deep fried oreo with mama last year at a carnival and you seemed to like it.
034. Eaten sushi? You prefer sushi with veggies in it rather than fish (even the cooked fish).
035. Been on stage? Nope.
Have you ever…
039. Laughed for no reason? You love to laugh when everyone else is laughing, even if you don’t know the reason.
040. Been caught doing something you weren’t supposed to do? ALL THE TIME.
What was the last….
047. Furry thing you touched? You probably pet our dog, Curie. She’s sleeping in your bed right now with you.
048. Thing you’ve said? Love you. Goodnight.
049. Song you’ve listened to? Mama was playing Florence and the Machine in the car on the way home.
050. (Who was the last) person you’ve spoken to on the phone? You called mama and daddy on the phone when you were staying the night at Oma and Opa’s on Friday.
051. Movie you watched? Tangled after your Tangled-themed party yesterday.
052. Thing you were doing before this? You’re sleeping at the moment.
053. Time you cried? You had some meltdowns last night before bed because it was a no-nap day.
054. Song you’ve sang? You love to sing the songs from Tangled.
055. Time you looked at the clock? You like to tell me the numbers on the clock, but they tend to confuse you with their digital-ness. You often tell me the 3 is an E.
056. Food and drink you’ve had? You had cake and cow’s milk at Mema’s house after your birthday dinner.
057. Flavour of gum you’ve chewed? You tried bubble gum from a machine for the first time a few weeks ago. I’m not sure of the flavor.
058. Shoes you’ve worn? You wore your “pretty shoes” (a name you gave them) today. They’re black and sparkly.
059. Store you’ve been in? Costco. You love Costco. Probably because of the samples.
060. Planet? We haven’t discussed planets yet. That’ll be fun.
061. Age you’ve been so far? You’re quite excited to be 3.
062. Season? I think you’ve been excited about every season change so far. Though possibly this last winter was a bit disappointing because it didn’t snow much. We only made 1 snowman.
063. Number? I asked you this in the car today. After pondering for quite some time, you decided on 1.
064. TV show? Word World, which is a show where all of the animal characters (and the things in the world) are made of the letters in their names (e.g. Cow is made out of a C-O-W, but still looks like a cow). Dinosaur Train is also a favorite. It’s a show where the dinosaur family goes on the Dinosaur Train to visit different periods of time where dinosaurs were present and learn facts.
065. Flower? I think you like all flowers.
066. How much cash do you have on you? No cash, but over $500 in your education savings account.
068. What T-Shirt are you wearing? You’re wearing a fairy princess pj shirt.
069. What brand of shoes are you wearing? No shoes. You won’t even wear socks to bed. You insist on taking them off before you can fall asleep.
071. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping. Thank goodness.
073. What’s a word that you say a lot? Why?
074. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Pink.
080. How many pillows do you sleep with? Starting tonight, two. One that’s a regular pillow with a Rapunzel case (birthday present from mama and daddy was a Tangled bedset) and one shaped like Rapunzel (birthday present from Mema).
I hope that one day you’ll read this and cherish it Peanut. I know it probably seems silly at the moment, but I know how much you’ll change even over the next year. You’ll probably have an entirely new favorite color and TV show. You’ll have new fears. New dreams. You’ll be entirely different, but also entirely the same. So I do this silly little survey to remember who you are now, and hopefully get a glimpse of who you’ll become.