I’ve been doing these baskets for quite a while and I feel like I really hit a winner on this last one. A lot of it was dumb luck, like being able to find my two absolute favorite books to put into a basket for cheap second hand. Some of it is just figuring out over time what works and what doesn’t. This one was made on the fly because my friend Stephanie had her baby over 5 weeks early and I wanted to get her the basket ASAP since those early days are the hardest. We took her the basket while she was still in the hospital and I feel like it did help her a lot. She’s already told me about multiple items that she really likes in it (like the My Brest Friend I got on Kids Woot!), so I feel like it was a real success. Since we were in a hurry though, I didn’t do the burp cloths I normally do.
- My Brest Friend nursing pillow
- LLL info sheets for general breastfeeding info
- LLL info sheets for common possible issues
- LLL meeting info card
- Chocolate Oatmeal Fantasy Cookies (normally I don’t make fresh cookies since baby showers are much earlier than baby’s arrival, but this time that obviously wasn’t the case)
- Leg warmers I knit from a friend’s pattern
- Mother’s Milk tea
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
- The Baby Book
- Cloth nursing pads
- Disposable nursing pads
- IBCLC card
- Waterbottle (not a reusable one because, like I said, I was in a hurry!)
- All in a bit plastic tote with a lid to use for storage later!
I had already been contemplating knitting a sweater for her little boy also, so later we went and dropped off this outfit. I had leftover yarn after knitting the Puerperium cardigan and ended up picking these little buttons with bears on them, so I knit a bear hat! Here’s a picture of little baby V wearing his outfit 5 weeks (adjusted age 0 weeks). It fits him perfectly and he’s so flippin’ cute!