Welcome to the March 2015 Carnival of Natural Parenting: Day in the Life
This post was written for inclusion in the monthly Carnival of Natural Parenting hosted by Hobo Mama and Code Name: Mama. This month our participants have given us a special glimpse into their everyday.
Welcome to a day in our lives! Today, as part of the Carnival of Natural Parenting, I’m sharing photos from every hour to show what a normal day is like in our house. This was pretty fun to do!
This particular Wednesday started at 5:45am with Banana deciding it was clearly no longer time to sleep. He’s been on an early waking kick this week. 5:45 isn’t too bad though (there was a day where he woke before 4am!). Now on with the pictures!
6am: Drinking my big ole cup of coffee. Mmm coffee.
7am: Girls are awake now and we’re drinking our purple smoothie breakfast.
8am: Rushing Peanut off to school. Today was wear a hat day for Dr. Seuss week.
9am: Reading books with Twig before we return them at the library. Wednesdays are library days.
10am: Got myself dressed and contemplated cutting my hair. It’s getting so long!
11am: Waiting for Peanut to get out of school.
12pm: Story time!
1pm: Back home and eating some lunch. Banana loves apples.
2pm: Nap time! Twig recently went back to napping and likes to hold onto my left arm. Twig nurses, of course. Peanut is in her room having an hour of quiet time.
3pm: With the two little ones asleep and Peanut finishing up quiet time, I actually get 10 minutes of alone time! Knitting, listening to The Half-blood Prince (re-reading them for the 6th or 7th time), and sneaking some poptarts.
4pm: Nekked baby crawling! Twig is still sleeping while Peanut and I try to “teach” Banana to crawl. He’s so close!
5pm: Twig is awake again and helping me put laundry away.
6pm: Eating dinner (leftovers night) while we start watching The Boxtrolls. Twig is sitting on the floor eating some cauliflower.
7pm: Still watching Boxtrolls and cuddling on the couch.
8pm: Bedtime! Actually at 8pm it was dark, but this is around 8:20 when I was sneaking out of the room.
9pm: What? More baby-free time?! Maybe this isn’t a normal day! Doing some dishes.
10pm: Getting Twig to potty (we just started night training) before I go to bed myself.
Well I hope you enjoyed a look at what our days are like. It’s always nice to see that the people we see on the internet are real. Show me yours!
Visit Hobo Mama and Code Name: Mama to find out how you can participate in the next Carnival of Natural Parenting!
Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:
- A Day as Mama and Data Manager — Becca at The Earthling’s Handbook explains what she actually does as data manager of a social science research study, as well as Mama to a baby and a fourth-grader.
- Pictures of a Day — A photo montage of a typical day in the life of Life Breath Present! You can see how she wakes up and spends her time in quiet, to Baby Boy sleeping at dinner, making natural products, and so much more!
- Escaping a Mekong cityscape for a slice of rural life — It’s often necessary for Nathalie of Kampuchea Crossings to escape the heady concrete jungle that Phnom Penh is rapidly becoming, for the calmer environment of rural life.
- Community-schooling — Dionna at Code Name: Mama and her family don’t *home*school, they *community* school!
- A day in the Life in La Yacata — Read how Survivor and her family at Surviving Mexico Adventures and Disasters spend their Sundays off-grid in rural central Mexico.
- Day in the Life of the Cole Family — Stoneageparent details the everyday life of her family through twelve photos taken over twelve hours
- The Days Are Just Packed — Holly at Leaves of Lavender talks about the beauty and simplicity of daily life with a toddler.
- A Day In The Life of a Heavily Pregnant Naturally Parenting Mama — At 37 weeks pregnant, Sam Vickery of Love Parenting shares her current reality as she naturally parents her four-year-old and awaits her sweet baby.
- My Life in Pictures on a Random Day — Donna at Eco-Mothering captures a random winter day in Rhode Island through a series of snapshots. What seemed boring at first made her smile in the end.
- How One Book Inspired Our Whole Day: A Day in the Life — How to plan the whole day with a toddler after reading one book together from Rachael at B is for Bookworm.
- A day in the life of an unschooling, work-at-home family — Lauren at Hobo Mama shares a picture journey through a typical day with three little homeschooling boys.
- Day in the Life of a Toddler — From mess making to cleaning up to trying new things, All Natural Katie shows the life of a toddler.
- Things I have done today (and every other day for the past seven years) — Marija Smits shares what a ‘normal’ day looks like in her crazy world of kids, writing, creativity and household chores!
- Just Another Wednesday — Lactating Girl at The Adventures of Lactating Girl shares a glimpse into a typical Wednesday in her family’s life.
- Day in the Life — Dr Sarah at Good Enough Mum gives us glimpses of her life as a British GP and mum.
- Our days, these days — Dietary restrictions and health issues take a lot of time for Jessica Claire at Crunchy-Chewy Mama, but she still follows her passions and tries to show up for her kids.
- A (Typical) Day in Our Life — ANonyMous at Radical Ramblings describes a typical day with two kids, eight cats and two dogs.